In our online Maltego One Master Class you will learn how to use Maltego Classic and the XL edition professionally.
What is Maltego Classic?
Maltego is a professional software tool used in investigations for gathering, analyzing, and presenting information from a diverse variety of online data sources. The OSINT tool is well suited for use in the detection and prevention of cyberattacks, criminal fraud investigations, investigations into persons of interest, and similar types of research. Typical users include cybersecurity analysts, private investigators, bank officers, threat intelligence specialists, police authorities, corporate security teams, penetration testers, investigative journalists, and research professionals in a wide range of industries.
The purpose of the Maltego Classic/XL software is to enable the researcher to
- Collect data for an investigation or project automatically from many sources
- Discover patterns and connections between the data entities collected
- Represent the information visually, to easily understand the results
About the Course:
Maltego One – Master Class Online
The Maltego One – Master Class Online was created to deliver in-depth training in the use of this powerful tool. It will introduce Maltego’s capabilities, show you in detail how to operate its various elements, and train you in using them together expertly and efficiently. The course includes many practical exercises to support the training, demonstrating interesting real-world applications and providing you with hands-on experience working with the software.
With this course as your foundation, you will be able to use Maltego to your best advantage. It will optimize the way you work!
What am I going to get from this course?
After taking the Maltego One – Master Class Online, you will be able to identify the additional transforms you may need for your projects and then to
- Collect data for your own investigations and projects from many OSINT sources by using transforms
- Analyze the automatically created links on a large visual canvas
- Display your findings in easy-to-understand graphs
- Supplement the built-in Transforms with additional Transform add-ons from the Maltego Transform Marketplace (so-called Hub)
- Customize the software settings and Transform parameters to suit your needs
Here are some things we’ll be doing in this course:
- We present a detailed introduction to the user interface, entities, and access paths to key tools such as the Context Menu and the Action Bar. Here you will learn to work with entities and to choose the most suitable transforms.
- We will look at how different layouts can be applied to your graph and how that changes the analysis of the content. My personal favorite section will show you how and why to apply the layout mode to “organic”.
- You will learn how to apply the different views on your graphs and why that helps to find the hidden information in the graphs.
- This course has a strong focus on context for you, providing real-world exercises. We show you the professional techniques and shortcuts which will save you hours using Maltego. Throughout the course we have many exercises for you to use in order to practice your skills.
- There is a big section on the “Investigate Tab”. This is the “control room” to help you identify critical data in your graph, find Maltego graphs on your computer which have the information you are looking for, and quickly navigate large graphs.
- You will learn to optimize the graph, customize the Maltego environment to your needs and select entities & transforms you really need in your environment.
- We will look at machines-, the efficient & practical tools to make your Maltego work smarter.
- You will learn how to start a collaboration session with other users and how to share your content with them.
- The essentials will end with two large sections about import and export. These are often underestimated functions, which we explain in detail with case examples.
|You always have the possibility to ask questions. We offer you on-lesson discussions for each important lesson. This way you as a participant are involved in the best possible way – and we can further optimize the Maltego online video course with your feedback.|
You want to learn more about Maltego and become a Power User? No problem! Check out the other courses on this site. They are all designed to help you to advance from any level of knowledge to a real professional user.